Experiencing the Benefits of INTACS for KeratoconusTuesday, August 12th, 2014, 5:32 pm
INTACS is one of the most common treatments for Keratoconus since 1999. The use of this procedure has grown rapidly over the past 10 years and with its continued use it should be as common as glasses or contacts over the next 5 years. INTACS for Keratoconus are tiny implants that are inserted into layers of the cornea to help reshape it. While the procedure seems complex, in actuality it is much simpler than most patients expect.
Below are a few of the Benefits of Using INTACS for Keratoconus:
- The procedure is outpatient
- Less invasive then having a corneal transplant
- Provides you with a Improved Quality of Vision
- Most Commonly takes less then an hour
- Removable if the prescription changes, or removal is needed for other reasons
For most people the use of INTACS for Keratoconus is a great treatment to help correct their quality of vision. The INTACS are not noticeable within the eye and do not require maintenance once in place. If this is something you might be interested in speak with your eye care professional for more information.